How does Wine Meccas collect information?
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us by:
- Registering on this website (the “Site”) and creating an account,
- Requesting that we provide services (“Services”) to you,
- Submitting information using the Site or Services, and
- Communicating with us by any means.
Personal data includes your name, email address and address.
We also collect anonymous information about your use of the Site. This includes information on pages viewed by you and the Site’s features that you access, for example our Glossary. Such information includes traffic, location and other types of data.
How does Wine Meccas use your information?
We use the information we collect:
(a) to satisfy our contractual and legal obligations to you.
(c) to improve the Site and Services.
(d) to inform you of any changes to our Services or other changes which may affect you.
(e) to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information regarding goods and services which we believe may interest you. You may withdraw such consent at any time.
How does Wine Meccas treat your information?
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
In operating the Site or Services, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect to locations outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Data may be transferred outside of the EEA, where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA. If you have any concerns in relation to such transfers, you should not use the internet as a means of communication with us. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing of information outside the EEA.
Does Wine Meccas Share your Information?
- Where necessary to facilitate bookings,
- With our suppliers and provider, to fulfill requests for Services made by you,
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information and to cooperate with legitimate governmental or judicial requests,
- To protect Wine Meccas’ systems, users and customers,
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business, we may share your information with the buyer who will be bound by this Policy,
- In respect of fraud protection mechanisms to detect and reduce the risk of fraud.
Some information submitted to Wine Meccas by e-mails, or via the Site or Services may be used as testimonials but no e-mail address or personal contact details will be disclosed or displayed on the Site.
What about Website Links?
What are your Rights?
You have the right to have any information we hold about you corrected, removed or indicated to you so that you know what information that we hold relating to you. We are happy to adhere to your requests but reserve the right to charge a fee of £5 to cover related costs. Information may not be removed or deleted immediately subject to billing and payment obligations and accounting and our record–keeping requirements.
What about Changes to this Policy?
How can you Contact us?